While none of us wants to ever find ourselves in the position of needing emergency care, it’s vital to make sure you know where to turn if the situation ever arises. With so many choices out there, knowing what’s the best choice makes it easier for you. That’s why the Fulton County Medical Center team is here: to let you know why you should choose us for any and all emergency and medical services that could arise. So if you’re curious to know exactly why we think you should go with us, keep reading!
Who are We?
We’ve been providing comprehensive medical services throughout Fulton County for nearly 70 years, so we have the experience and knowledge to best serve the local community and surrounding area. Our mission is “to continuously improve the health of the community,” and we achieve this by providing both diagnostic and therapeutic services, by maintaining and providing better quality of life through our nursing program, by offering access to care via a multi-specialty clinic, and by working closely with local agencies to raise awareness for wellness throughout the county. Above all, we strive to provide these services in spite of some people being unable to pay. Fulton County Medical Center is a non-profit corporation that does its very best to go above and beyond the mission we’ve set out for ourselves.
What are our Emergency Services?
The FCMC should be your choice because we can assure you that you can rest easy when it comes to having a team that’s available any time, all the time. Staffed by four full-time physicians and nurses, the center is on duty to take care of both major and minor illnesses, 24/7. Also available are various procedures, including different radiology procedures, CAT scans, and a nonstop laboratory. We also have an on-site laboratory, which cuts out the middle man and makes it incredibly quick to get your test results. So not only do you save money—you also save valuable time, which is especially important in a potential emergency.
What are our Medical Services?
Of course, not everything is an emergency, but it’s also equally important to make sure you keep track of your body’s physiological state and treat it well. That’s why the FCMC provides an extensive array of medical services to cover your needs. The following is in no way a comprehensive list, but merely an overview of some of what we offer.
- Long Term Care: With a home for 67 residents and easy access to many in-house services, our staff is dedicated to focusing on the residents and increasing the quality of life, even in older patients’ later days.
- Social Services: When emotional, financial, or even social stress due to illness or hospitalization, the FCMC social work staff are here to provide assistance to patients and their families. We’re available to provide a comforting, reassuring presence throughout the entire procedure.
- Rehabilitative Services: Whether it’s physical therapy, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, or some other form of rehabilitative service, we’ve got you covered. The FCMC also offers community wellness programs, as well as occupational therapy and inpatient/outpatient rehabilitation services.
- Diabetes Education: Since there’s so little solid information and many people are unaware about the intricacies surrounding diabetes, the FCMC provides diabetes education for all ages, allowing you to understand important facts that will help improve your quality of life and allow you to avoid or prevent complications down the road.
- Diagnostic Services: These services go to your electronic medical record, and includes options such as general x-rays, ultrasounds, nuclear medicine, mammographies, MRIs, and CT scans.
The Fulton County Medical Center also runs the FCMC Foundation, which allows you to help us keep the FCMC a pillar of health for both the patients and the community. We also provide community resources and actively engage with those in the local area to help increase awareness and boost quality of life. In other words, not only are we focused on those inside FCMC—we’ve also got our eyes on what’s beyond us.
Why Choose Us?
As you can probably tell, we don’t do what we do for a quick buck or to maximize our profits: the FCMC team does it because we actively care about all of our patients and the community. Thus, we do the best we can to go above and beyond the call of duty and provide you with all the medical and emergency resources you’ll possibly need to give you the peace of mind you truly deserve. Combined with nearly 7 decades of experience, it’s safe to say we know what we’re doing. If you have absolutely any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us and get in touch. Just give us a call at (717) 485-3155. We’d love to hear from you and provide any assistance!